EHRC’s five priority aims for the next 3 years are:
- Individuals have equal access to the labour market and are treated fairly at work
- Public transport supports the economic and social inclusion of disabled and older people
- Individuals can access redress when they are wronged and that they can have a fair trial in thecriminal justice system
- Schools are truly inclusive where all children are educated without discrimination and their education instils understanding of and respect for difference
- Rules and practices governing entry into, exit from and treatment in institutions respect equality and human rights standards
They are seeking opportunities to fund potentially strategic cases in all these areas [the five priority aims above].
They offer funding for preliminary investigative steps and initial advice from Counsel (as well as full representation), so it is worth contacting them in the early stages of a case.
If you have a case you think they might fund, do not hesitate to get in touch for an informal discussion about it. Just send a short summary and details of the funding you are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ALSO LET NREC KNOW AS WE CAN SUPPORT TOO. We can also help with preparing the initial submission to the EHRC.