Have you been treated unfairly by your workplace as a result of the COVID-19 crisis?
We offer advice on challenging discrimination and practical support.
You may be:
- pregnant and not being given the option to work from home or being asked to work in high risk public facing environments
- a disabled worker who is being asked to work with PPE that conflicts with any reasonable adjustments that they need to have to undertake their work
- workers being placed in high risk working environments as a result of discrimination on the basis of a protected characteristic that they possess
- laid off as a result of discrimination on the basis of a protected characteristic that you possess by employer
- unfairly being placed on furlough as a result of discrimination
- unsure whether you have been discriminated against and have protection under the Equality Act
We will offer initial advice and casework through telephone advice. We will assist clients in drafting grievance letters, requesting risk assessments and requesting any reasonable adjustments.
For those clients not able to gain a resolution we will be supporting access to early conciliation from ACAS and in the event for this also not being successful we will be support the client to submit and ET1 Tribunal application.
For our funders we will need to write up an anonymised case study (a story about you unfair treatment).
For those experiencing hardship we will be delivering them direct support in the form of food packages/vouchers of a value of up to £49.
In order to get the voucher, we need to know if you are social isolating or can do a shopping trip yourself. We also need to know your favoured supermarket/shop.
If you think you would like to take up this service or know of anyone who would like to take up this service please email Anjona Roy on email@example.com or ring 01604 400808.
This is a project funded by Northamptonshire Community Foundation.