- RT @NEUnion: Every teacher in a state school in England & Wales has now received their online ballot to vote for the biggest teacher strike… 1 day ago
- RT @LouiseWCoopEofE: Wonderful to introduce @coopuk Board Director @MCaselyHayford also Chair #CoopNMC #DiversityandInclusion Working Group… 1 day ago
- RT @Sistah_Space: No, it's not Xmas yet, but it's not that far off. Xmas is one of the many seasons when there's a steep rise in the volume… 1 day ago
- RT @CreatingEqualz2: The first Lightening the Load podcast is on its way 💜 @creatingequalz @AprilsDawnLive #LighteningtheLoad #CreatingEqua… 1 day ago
- RT @anjona: Cooperatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity. How much i… 5 days ago
Tag Archives: Asylum Seeker
In England, Asylum Seekers face the following when it comes to Higher Ed:
• Classified as ‘overseas’ students and have to pay international student tuition fees.
• Cannot access student finance to cover the cost of tuition fees or living costs.
• Cannot work and if they have no money, must live on government support of just 36.95 per week. – HOW can they afford this?