- RT @NorthantsREC: New events from your favourite local equality organisation - including our Holocaust memorial lecture with @hylandsiobhn… 1 day ago
- RT @hylandsiobhn: @UNGradSchool 1 day ago
- RT @UniNhantsNews: A rise in recorded instances of racism and intolerance in society means #HolocaustMemorialDay is as important as ever in… 1 day ago
- RT @treventour: Good fun today, optimistic for the year ahead 🔥🔥🔥🔥 2 days ago
- RT @creatingequalz: So sorry not to have been able to join you today or this evening. Training manual looks great. Keep up the great work.… 2 days ago
Author Archives: anjonaroy
It’s been a big week for housing specialists with an interest in discrimination and discrimination specialists with an interest in housing. On Friday, our friends at the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants got their ruling from Judge Martin … Continue reading
In England, Asylum Seekers face the following when it comes to Higher Ed:
• Classified as ‘overseas’ students and have to pay international student tuition fees.
• Cannot access student finance to cover the cost of tuition fees or living costs.
• Cannot work and if they have no money, must live on government support of just 36.95 per week. – HOW can they afford this?
Last night and this morning the news has been hitting the headlines of BBC editor Carrie Gracie quitting a the China editor as a result of what she described as a ‘secretive and illegal’ gender pay structure which has created … Continue reading
Are we all playing our part to eliminate FGM or are some working on it harder than others. Continue reading
Quite rightly over the last few weeks, many of those with a social conscience have been focussed on homelessness and concern about those that find themselves without a home. There are a number of equalities issues that intersect with this … Continue reading
It appears as if there has been a number of issues that have arose in relation to the Northamptonshire Police’s ‘stop and search’ and it has been argued that it gives the impression that they are abusing their powers. PACE (the … Continue reading