- Reminders NREC Events - Book Now!! CricketEmpireJan23.eventbrite.co.uk NorthantsRECHMD23.eventbrite.co.uk https://t.co/nkULt6xCI2 1 week ago
- RT @treventoured: Every year @NorthantsREC hold a Holocaust Memorial Day Lecture. This year, it's on the 5th February + I will be leading i… 1 week ago
- Present Histories: A Quiet Legacy of Holocausts Against Disabled People - mailchi.mp/cebae866e5c4/p… https://t.co/J3sQtStqYQ 3 weeks ago
- Racism in Cricket: Empire at Work. In Person Event https://t.co/GoDnf25XuV 3 weeks ago
- RT @sandeepbak: Jayaben Desai led the Grunwick factory strike 1976. Tireless worker for trade union organising; steered the mobilisation ag… 1 month ago
Author Archives: anjonaroy
In the last few days one of our Board members Tre Ventour has written about his concerns about the Nationality and Borders Bill. It will be going through to the House of Lords on the 4th of January. We are … Continue reading
With people calling these extraordinary times, as normal in human endeavour there are those that rise and sink to the occasion. Over the last ten years government policies affecting employment rights has be based on the assertion that discrimination is … Continue reading
It’s been a big week for housing specialists with an interest in discrimination and discrimination specialists with an interest in housing. On Friday, our friends at the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants got their ruling from Judge Martin … Continue reading
In England, Asylum Seekers face the following when it comes to Higher Ed:
• Classified as ‘overseas’ students and have to pay international student tuition fees.
• Cannot access student finance to cover the cost of tuition fees or living costs.
• Cannot work and if they have no money, must live on government support of just 36.95 per week. – HOW can they afford this?
Last night and this morning the news has been hitting the headlines of BBC editor Carrie Gracie quitting a the China editor as a result of what she described as a ‘secretive and illegal’ gender pay structure which has created … Continue reading
Are we all playing our part to eliminate FGM or are some working on it harder than others. Continue reading
Quite rightly over the last few weeks, many of those with a social conscience have been focussed on homelessness and concern about those that find themselves without a home. There are a number of equalities issues that intersect with this … Continue reading
It appears as if there has been a number of issues that have arose in relation to the Northamptonshire Police’s ‘stop and search’ and it has been argued that it gives the impression that they are abusing their powers. PACE (the … Continue reading
Guest Blog post from Chris Amedjou. Chris is a BA Criminology graduate of 2017 and was motivated to write this blog through the experience of his own dissertation. His dissertation was on the Experience of Hate crime: Exploring professional perspectives of … Continue reading