- RT @UniNhantsNews: Great to see our very own @hylandsiobhn on the @NorthantsLive website 💪 @HistoriansUON @SearchltArchive 5 days ago
- RT @kayguccione: Our 'Are You OK?' Supervisor Toolkit is now complete! 4 practice focused blogs, and a micro-podcast which tells the story… 1 week ago
- RT @A4HNorthants: THANK YOU to everyone who follows, likes and shares our content. We are a group of #Northants volunteers whose mission it… 1 week ago
- RT @bysalmashah: Calling all #corby people ❤️ If you are passionate about housing, education and employment then come along to @OakleyValeC… 1 week ago
- RT @Paulcrofts: Photos from today's protest in #Wellingborough against #PeterBoneMP's Bill and #NastiPatel's policy to turn back refugees i… 1 week ago
Author Archives: anjonaroy
With people calling these extraordinary times, as normal in human endeavour there are those that rise and sink to the occasion. Over the last ten years government policies affecting employment rights has be based on the assertion that discrimination is … Continue reading
It’s been a big week for housing specialists with an interest in discrimination and discrimination specialists with an interest in housing. On Friday, our friends at the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants got their ruling from Judge Martin … Continue reading
In England, Asylum Seekers face the following when it comes to Higher Ed:
• Classified as ‘overseas’ students and have to pay international student tuition fees.
• Cannot access student finance to cover the cost of tuition fees or living costs.
• Cannot work and if they have no money, must live on government support of just 36.95 per week. – HOW can they afford this?
Last night and this morning the news has been hitting the headlines of BBC editor Carrie Gracie quitting a the China editor as a result of what she described as a ‘secretive and illegal’ gender pay structure which has created … Continue reading
Are we all playing our part to eliminate FGM or are some working on it harder than others. Continue reading
Quite rightly over the last few weeks, many of those with a social conscience have been focussed on homelessness and concern about those that find themselves without a home. There are a number of equalities issues that intersect with this … Continue reading
It appears as if there has been a number of issues that have arose in relation to the Northamptonshire Police’s ‘stop and search’ and it has been argued that it gives the impression that they are abusing their powers. PACE (the … Continue reading
Guest Blog post from Chris Amedjou. Chris is a BA Criminology graduate of 2017 and was motivated to write this blog through the experience of his own dissertation. His dissertation was on the Experience of Hate crime: Exploring professional perspectives of … Continue reading
It has been 22 years since mothers lost their children, wives lost their husbands and sisters lost their brothers. It has been 22 years of sadness, anger, emptiness, waiting, uncertainty and grieving. This July it is 22 years since the … Continue reading
Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council (NREC) is asking you to support their sponsored Report Hate Crime event by donating as much as they can at http://www.localgiving.org/appeal/NRECStopHateCRISIS. We are attempting to remove 1000 illegal posts on Facebook in 4 weeks. … Continue reading