- Diary Date - Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council Annual General Meeting - mailchi.mp/ee1cc335f912/d… https://t.co/PYbj55Ps4D 3 days ago
- RT @anjona: Looking forward to talking to @MarkDean2020uk on @InspirationFM about @NorthantsREC events and local @coopuk involvement in the… 5 days ago
- RT @MadeWithMany_: The Wellingborough African Caribbean Association will be marking #WindrushDay with a community event on Saturday 18th Ju… 5 days ago
- RT @QstoryN: 👉 Get involved in this event ❤️ 5 days ago
- In Conversation - Mixed-Race Britain https://t.co/8h3Vt6bmx9 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Human Rights
In the last few days one of our Board members Tre Ventour has written about his concerns about the Nationality and Borders Bill. It will be going through to the House of Lords on the 4th of January. We are … Continue reading
In England, Asylum Seekers face the following when it comes to Higher Ed:
• Classified as ‘overseas’ students and have to pay international student tuition fees.
• Cannot access student finance to cover the cost of tuition fees or living costs.
• Cannot work and if they have no money, must live on government support of just 36.95 per week. – HOW can they afford this?
Last night and this morning the news has been hitting the headlines of BBC editor Carrie Gracie quitting a the China editor as a result of what she described as a ‘secretive and illegal’ gender pay structure which has created … Continue reading
Are we all playing our part to eliminate FGM or are some working on it harder than others. Continue reading
It appears as if there has been a number of issues that have arose in relation to the Northamptonshire Police’s ‘stop and search’ and it has been argued that it gives the impression that they are abusing their powers. PACE (the … Continue reading
An Evening with Peter Tatchell On Tuesday Peter Tatchell hosted a lecture for NREC members to mark Hate Crime Awareness Week. The lecture was held at The University of Northampton. Peter explored various issues surrounding hate crime, discrimination and inequality … Continue reading